Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
sigh....

Monday, August 17, 2009

Misc. Musings again.

Wow, didn't realize I'd ignored my blog so long. It's been a crazy month. So here I go.

RIP to Les Paul. When I was in NYC I didn't have the time or money to see him at the Iridium, but had wanted to and now I'll never get that opportunity. To the father of the electric guitar and so much more that he meant to the music community, my deepest sympathies as well as to his family.

The Circle, huh? Guess they're eluding to the idea that Bon Jovi started out as a big, loud rock band and they've gone back full circle to a big, loud rock record again. I'm anxious to hear it although I adored Lost Highway. Then again, I loved HAND, TLFR, Bounce, Crush, These Days, KTF, New Jersey, Slippery and Bon Jovi before it. I wasn't all that keen on 7800, but then again, I didn't fall flat on my face in love with the band's music till Slippery either. So cannot wait to hear it and am praying someone will hear it beforehand and we'll find out more before that November 10th date. Although, Obie has really been saying really positive things about how loud and rock it is. Guess we can take his word for it.

On a more personal note, poor Amber has been suffering because I've been so deeply involved in my other writing. My apologies to Amber's followers. I should be able to get to her and finish that chapter that's been half done for a month.

Baseball and a visit to my sister also figured in me vanishing. I do love my baseball games and wish my guys would get a fire going under them like last year, I fear it won't happen or won't happen soon enough to make a difference. My sister sent me a ticket, so I ended up there for a bit and continued my job hunt online from there. I should be deep raspberry red for all the berries I ate while visiting. Why is it that a 1/2 pint, which isn't nearly really a half pint of raspberries costs $4 and I bought pints that were overflowing for $2???? It's one of the reasons that I've considered moving back to Michigan....but then I'd have to deal with cold, snow, sleet and the lack of a decent airport (or rather decent airfares) which would seriously curtail my travels come tour time.

In any case, I'm home, doubling my job hunting efforts so I have some way to pay for concert tickets...my homeowners insurance, real estate taxes and the rest of my monthly bills.

0 comments:

THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY

The generous Goddess Hathor has compiled a Directory of FF for all of us devoted to the genre.

If you have a story that's not listed, she'd be happy to add it!

Random Shots

Random Shots
JazzFest

About This Blog

Welcome to my site.

Here you’ll find my musings on a number of topics. You’ll see everything from sports, to orchids, cats to daily grumblings and even some comments and reflections on life in general.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP