Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
sigh....

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Updated and Addicted

Amber's updated. Still working on the new story and it’s going very well, however, you won’t see it until I’m satisfied with it, so be patient. It’ll be worth your wait.

And I'm addicted. Okay, well, to a number of things actually. First, I'm addicted to chocolate. What woman isn't, right? And those that know me and especially those that have been to my place know how strong my addiction is. My usual 'drug' of choice is Dove Dark Chocolate Promises. Love those little morsels of delight. Then come the Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles. YUM!

However, I've a new addiction, well, two. The first is Lindt's Dark Chocolate bar with Chili in it. I'd never have tried it and never considered that combination if it hadn't been for Johnny Depp and the movie Chocolat. If you haven't seen it, find it, rent it, whatever. It's as good as the combination of sweet dark chocolate with just a hint of spicy kick that the chili gives it.

The second is body butter, that rich, creamy stuff that makes your skin soft, moisterized and smelling wonderful. Two of my good friends, Angel and Jovilynn came to visit in October and each brought me a pot of the stuff. Angel's was some Scottish stuff called Butter Me Up and it has this floral scent that's very pleasurable and I use often. Jovilynn brought one that smells of chocolate. It contains cocoa butter and gives my skin a wonderfully deep moisturized feeling and I spend the rest of the day wreathed in the scent of chocolate. Heavenly.

Which brings me to the reason I mention it. My addiction that is. You'd think two pots of body butter would be enough for the Muse. Nope. Avon is now selling it as well and so being a good Avon Rep, I had to try out theirs. Their liiv botanicals line of products are awesome anyway, but their moisture boosting body butter has a very light fragrance and saturates your skin without being greasy. I really like it.

They also had to go out and bring out a line of products with a chocolate scent. It’s actually called chocolate orchid (two of my favorite things) and they not only have body butter, but a moisturizing lotion, shower wash and scent mist. So I had to buy the body butter to compare to Jovilynn’s gift. Totally different. Where hers was thick and closer to pure cocoa butter, this is more on the line of light whipped butter and smells of chocolate, orchid and vanilla. Both Angel and I mourned the fact that Bath and Body Works did not have a chocolate line this Christmas and were therefore happy that Avon has one.

And that’s not even including the fact they also have a Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Bubble Bath now......

As an Aside: They do have other scents, it's just I'm hooked on chocoloate orchid. There is also Lemon Sugar, Honey Jasmine and Lime Lavender.

3 comments:

Angel January 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

I'm hooked on the idea of the chocolate/strawberry truffle bath stuff........and someone else licks the idea of it too

You ordered me some of that, right Miss Muse?

JBJBounce January 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Oh yeah, strawberry truffle bubble bath AND the body butter, Ms. Angel. I'm sure PHR is going to enjoy licking off the scent of chocolate... ;)

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Naughty, naughty! ROFL!

I don't know how you can wear chocolate anything. I'd go insane with craving the real thing after about 5 minutes. And really, I don't need to be gaining any of that weight back.
-Stas
PS: Surprise! I do read your blog!

THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY

The generous Goddess Hathor has compiled a Directory of FF for all of us devoted to the genre.

If you have a story that's not listed, she'd be happy to add it!

Random Shots

Random Shots
JazzFest

About This Blog

Welcome to my site.

Here you’ll find my musings on a number of topics. You’ll see everything from sports, to orchids, cats to daily grumblings and even some comments and reflections on life in general.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP