Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
sigh....

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Look

I got up this morning determined to finish the paperwork for my income tax, so that I could get it off to the accountant and eventually get it done..... before April 15th. Turns out that Tara's blog started me on an entirely different tract.
.
See she had this link that talked about women writing the male POV in fiction. Something that most of us find difficult to do. An article that was most enlightening in many ways. Link is here. Well worth the read if you're a writer of any genre, or as Tara said, 'if you're female'. Thanks, Tara. Always enjoy learning new things to improve my craft.
.
From there it was answering and exchanging emails with the Angel and discussing her upcoming move from the UK to the US, oops, she hasn't actually announced what's going on with her world yet, has she?
.
From there it was deciding it was time to revamp my site. Something I've been terrified to do on my own. I'm a beginner at this stuff, so it took quite some time. And now it's 2:15 pm and I haven't TOUCHED my IRS stuff and now I'm hungry and thinking about lunch or dinner or hmmm, are those dust bunnies under my desk.
.
Here I go off to procrastinate some more.....
.
By the way, procrastination is a word I learned at an early age. It was written in the comments section of my Fifth Grade report card "D does excellent work, however, she has a tendency to procrastinate". You'd think I would have learned by now NOT to do that. Sadly, I haven't.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

Procrastination: it's not just a habit; it's a way of life! I'm right there with you. LOL!

Nice new look to the blog. My kind of color scheme actually.

I can't do my taxes until I find what I did with one of my W2s... Oi.

-Stas

TaraLeigh March 18, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

Hey Di! Look at you! You so don't need me anymore. LOL Looks like you found your way around JUST fine.
Looks GREAT!!

And yes-that article was a GREAT one. My briiiilliant crit partner sent it to me. Such good points in there!

THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY

The generous Goddess Hathor has compiled a Directory of FF for all of us devoted to the genre.

If you have a story that's not listed, she'd be happy to add it!

Random Shots

Random Shots
JazzFest

About This Blog

Welcome to my site.

Here you’ll find my musings on a number of topics. You’ll see everything from sports, to orchids, cats to daily grumblings and even some comments and reflections on life in general.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP