Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
sigh....

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Like I've said before, I suck at this. Probably more because my life is so busy these days than a lack of desire to actually update.

I'd promised a review of my two shows back in April. You're all better off that I didn't do so, being that I had some issues with the setlists (vanilla, vanilla, vanilla) and wasn't very complimentary of the band because of it. And Jon's to blame for that, Jon's ALWAYS to blame. LOL When someone says that they're going to drag out the deeper cuts, you actually expect them to do that. You don't expect to see virtually the very same setlist two nights running when the band HAS to know that a good number of those that attended the Tampa show would be at the Miami show. Regardless, I DID have a good time. I DID enjoy hanging with my friends and I DID have decent seats (not excellent as I had in previous tours when Mrs. B ran the fan club, which I've now quit).

My life has been forced to move its focus from my serious lust of the band, and especially Jon/Richie, to the more mundane, but important efforts of keeping my head above water. The economy sucks. My job, that I still enjoy, is stressful and I spend far too much time (and gas money) commuting. It's the way of things these days for far too many of us.

On the lighter side, I did manage to get to the Goo Goo Dolls concert and had a really good time a few weeks back. If you haven't heard it, their new CD is awesome. They played three or maybe it was four songs from it and I really do need to go buy it.

As always, baseball is my saving grace. Thanks to the fact I can buy a $10-20 ticket and walk into the ball field and enjoy a game whenever my TB Rays are in town. Because of them I've seen a number of good bands playing after the games. Although I did miss the game with the Train concert afterwards.

The Rays. Gotta love em. They've either been 1st or 2nd in ALL of baseball this season. The post season is looming and we're currently a game back from the NYY (or as I call them 'the evil empire') and seven up on the Red Sox. Toughest division in all of baseball and my boys are in the thick of the hunt for October and the World Series.

Maybe I'll start blogging more. Maybe I'll learn that procrastination isn't something to embrace and maybe I'll win the lottery.

1 comments:

Queenie September 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Hey, don't be hating on my Yankees! LOL

Nice to see you posting again. Hopefully things will get a little less stressful for you soon.

A dollar and a dream and all could be right with the world!

:)

THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY

The generous Goddess Hathor has compiled a Directory of FF for all of us devoted to the genre.

If you have a story that's not listed, she'd be happy to add it!

Random Shots

Random Shots
JazzFest

About This Blog

Welcome to my site.

Here you’ll find my musings on a number of topics. You’ll see everything from sports, to orchids, cats to daily grumblings and even some comments and reflections on life in general.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP