Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
sigh....

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope one and all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your friends and family. I know that I'm thankful for all of those friends that I've gotten to know over the years and my family that's put up with me all of my life.


Meanwhile, I've been quietly doing a little fundraiser in conjunction with the local Biff Burger (practically an institution in St. Petersburg). Every year they do a toy drive to help the needy kids. For the last three years in a row they've been the number 1 independent contributor to Toys for Tots in the COUNTRY! Last year they raised $33,000 and donated 10,000 toys. JUST last year.


This year, they've started something new and formed an alliance with the local firefighters in three districts (Pinellas Park, St. Petersburg and Lealman), to keep every dime of it local and every toy in Pinellas County.


For the last 15 years I've donated a few toys to help out. I've never had much, but I help the best way that I can.


This year is different.


This year I decided to do something to give back to my community in a bigger way than handing over a couple of toys. I made the committment to Biff's through the Avon Fundraising Division to sell Willie the White Tiger. For every tiger I sell (they're $20 each), I give $6 to Biff's Toys for Pinellas Kids. If the person purchasing the toy wants to donate it, then both the toy and the $6 goes to the kids.


I started the fundraising effort the first weekend of November when they kicked off their drive. I've now worked five events over the course of the last three and a half weeks and tonight at their big Thanksgiving event where they gave 101 meals to needy families, I handed them the first of the two checks they'll receive from me. The amount?


TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!


It felt really good to be able to help in that way and on top of that, 15 tigers were donated to the kids!!!! I'm looking forward to doing even more before the big finale on December 18th. I'm so proud that I could help by donating my time and my profits to help the less fortunate and especially the kids!!!!

0 comments:

THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY

The generous Goddess Hathor has compiled a Directory of FF for all of us devoted to the genre.

If you have a story that's not listed, she'd be happy to add it!

Random Shots

Random Shots
JazzFest

About This Blog

Welcome to my site.

Here you’ll find my musings on a number of topics. You’ll see everything from sports, to orchids, cats to daily grumblings and even some comments and reflections on life in general.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP