Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
sigh....

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Beautiful Weather, Sad Day


Today is one of those glorious days that remind me why I moved to the sunny south. Up north it's snowing, two of my dear friends have run off the road in the last 24 hours (both are okay)on icy conditions. It snowed in Vegas (go figure!) and down here it's going to be 80 today. Like I said glorious day weatherwise.

On other fronts, it's a sad day. My beautiful black cat, aptly named Blackie, came to us 15 years ago when our neighbors thoughtlessly moved and left their young, pregnant cat behind. She had kittens under our porch and after adopting out the kittens we kept the scrawny, ugly cat. After she put on weight she turned into a beautiful cat that was well loved and as feisty as she was spoiled. The last few years her health has been failing and last night it became painfully apparent that it was time to put her to rest. This morning I took her, laying in her bed, to the vet and they gently took care of that for me. She's now laid to rest in the cat cemetary in my back yard with Moonshadow, Lucky and Tennessee Tuxedo. Rest in Peace, baby, you will be missed.

1 comments:

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Hi Diane - read your blog - what a great idea. Plan to keep tuned into it.

Sorry to hear abou Blackie - been there, done that, will have to do it again. My cat now has pre-hyper thyroid disease. Could have been worse, but she is 13, so who knows what else is in store. I have become very attached to her, so I know what you are going through. Be comforted in knowing she is not suffering any longer, will be close by and hopefully romping with Moonshadow, Lucky and Tennessee Tuxedo. Call me if you need to talk about it.

Also, don't want to miss wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow. I will celebrate tonight with friends and Saturday with family.

Take care,

Carol

THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY

The generous Goddess Hathor has compiled a Directory of FF for all of us devoted to the genre.

If you have a story that's not listed, she'd be happy to add it!

Random Shots

Random Shots
JazzFest

About This Blog

Welcome to my site.

Here you’ll find my musings on a number of topics. You’ll see everything from sports, to orchids, cats to daily grumblings and even some comments and reflections on life in general.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP